Are you a parent staring at the summer camp packing list your kid’s camp sent you? Don’t be intimidated- Manhattan Wardrobe Supply can get your kids ready for camp with a minimum of fuss on your end.
Summer Camp Packing List Must Haves
1. Name Tags — the number one rule of summer camps? Label everything your kid owns. My mom labeled my socks. Use Iron On Laundry Marking Tape for a quick solution, and Blank Sew In Labels that you can write your child’s name on if you’re feeling gung-ho.
2. Laundry Bags — these are a must-have for the sleepover campers. Manhattan Wardrobe Supply’s Roughneck Heavyweight Laundry bag will stand up to rough conditions, but consider something a bit cooler, like the beautiful and bold recycled rice bag laundry bins; you can help save the planet and support a charity.
2. RIT Dye: What is your camp color? Growing up, mine was purple, and everything had to be purple: T-shirts, socks, you name it. The easiest way to make everything purple without scouring every shop in town? RIT dye. Most of what you’ll be packing for your kids will be cotton, which makes it even easier. Find out your camp color, follow the directions — you can even do it in the washer— and you’re set with pounds of camp color t-shirts and socks, for just a few cents more than plain white and will save a ton over buying from the camp shop. Don’t forget to add labels after you dye the fabric.
3. Shoe Laces: Though these often aren’t on summer camp packing lists, colored laces give your camper an extra bit of cool. We sell them in your camp’s colors– buy several extra pairs, so that when your child gets them muddy, or breaks them while hiking, or uses them to fish (or whatever they come up with).
4. Stain sticks: these are essential for making sure that grass, mud, or I’m-not-sure-what (ketchup, maybe?) doesn’t stain any items. Try Resolve Stain Stick— it’s big enough to last the whole summer and works on just about any stain your child could send home in the laundry bag. You might even put in two, and be sure to put a label on them so your child can keep track of this hot camp commodity.
5. Water Proofing Spray-Summer brings rain, and summer camp means rain plus water– pools, creeks, rivers. The key to making sure your kids stay dry? Waterproofing. We sell Silicone Water-Guard Spray that work on shoes, knapsacks– you can even spray it on cloth (think rain coats) to make them nearly impervious to water. Water will just bead and roll right off! It’s safe for suede and leather, too This is also great if you have a convertible or a Jeep– apply it to your seats in case you get an unexpected downpour. It’s like Rain-X for fabric.
What’s stressing you out on the summer camp packing list? Let us know in the comments, and find these and other camp-ready items at Manhattan Wardrobe Supply.